Pumpkin Cheesecake in Pumpkins
I found these cool little pumpkins at an awesome local store called, "The Root Cellar." I thought: hey, I like cheesecake and I like pumpkin, so I combined the two: a mini-pumpkin filled with pumpkin flavored cheesecake.
- Five to six small (baseball sized) pumpkins
- 1 cup water
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 packages of cream cheese
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- 3 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon allspice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup nuts (pecans or pistachios) (optional)
- Preheat oven to 450°
- Cut the tops off of the pumpkins. Scoop out the seeds (discard or use them to make roasted seeds).
- Scoop out the innards from inside the pumpkin flesh, until the shell is a maximum 1/2" thick.
- Place pumpkin innards, water, brown sugar and 1 tablespoon of water in saucepan. Stew until the pumpkin is soft and the water has evaporated or combined with the pumpkins.
- Spoon 1 teaspoon of butter and a sprinkle of cinnamon into each hollowed out pumpkin. Put the lids on the pumpkins. Then give them a shake to distribute the butter.
- Place pumpkins on a cookie sheet and bake for approx 20 min.
- In a blender, combine cream cheese and sugar. Beat until smooth and well integrated.
- Add in stewed pumpkin and blend into the mix
- Add in eggs, one at a time to thoroughly beat them into the mix
- Add in remaining cinnamon and allspice
- Add in remaining butter and beat until the butter is well integrated
- Remove pumpkins from oven. Spoon cheesecake batter into each of the hollowed pumpkins. Nestle nuts into the top of each pumpkin cheesecake.
- Replace into oven. Bake for 15 minutes
- Lower heat to 200°. Bake for 45 minutes
- Remove from heat, allow to cool in refridgerator for 6 hours.
- Garnishment suggestions: whipping cream, cinnamon, allspice, pistachios
Last updated date
Saturday, December 26, 2015 - 20:32