Three Days in Social Media Camp - Day Two By The Numbers
My Friday Decision TreeI am attending the Social Media Camp. This year, I am coaching 12 social media professionals in how to do more with their social media capacity. How can they tap into new audiences? It's part of what I do in my company, Those DeWolfes Creative. I have looked through the schedule. There are lots of terrific speakers providing some excellent topic coverage. I have some recommendations for what you should try to check out on Friday.
10:05 - 11:00If you are an entrepeneur, attend "How To Generate More Business From LinkedIn with Melonie Dodaro"
If you do some hiring, attend "Social Media + Recruiting: The Perfect Union with Denise Lloyd"
11:10 - 12:00The most powerful means of funneling people online is through email newsletter management. I recommend attending "The Lasting Power of E-Newsletters with Guy Steeves"
unless you're in the tourism business, then try out:
"Tourism Panel: A Tale of Two Case Studies - Scott McDonald & James Bogusz"
12:00 - 1:30Let's go for lunch! I'll be, well, this guy:
I would suggest one of three places:
- Asian noodles - Noodle Box is nearby at 818 Douglas. (I like the tofu peanut noodle box)
- But if you want some super awesome lamb ribs, we could go to Hanks Untraditional BBQ at 1001 Douglas.
- An excellent curry buffet at the Bengal Lounge (in the Empress -- you needn't leave the building)
1:30 - 2:30My friend, Don Power is running"For The Love Of Twitter" with Wahiba Chair
I would like to check out this one:
"It Was a Dark and Stormy Startup - Storytelling For Fun and Profit with April Dunford" -- as I am going through the 90-Day blogging challenge, I like what this sounds like.
2:45 - 3:45I will be sitting in the Plug and Play Lounge and catching up.
4:00 - 5:00If you want bang for your buck "More Is Not Better: 100 Customers or 100,000 Likes? with Sean Smith and Amber Osborne"
If you want your marketing to get some velocity "Accelerate Your Business Growth with Savvy Social Marketing with Lisa Larter"
Today's Random Discoveries
- In Vimeo, you can swap out a video but keep the URL (you cannot do that in Youtube).
- I learned that squares called hippies, "hippies." Hippies are "freaks," but a square like I would not have known that.
Last updated date
Monday, September 30, 2019 - 17:12